Make an easy, affordable “be mine” banner for a Valentine's Day party.
Stuff you have:
- Printer paper (1 sheet)
- Hot-glue gun
Stuff you need:
- Cotton muslin (1/4 yard 45" wide, hancockfabrics.com)
- Acrylic craft paint in black (joann.com)
- Red felt (1 sheet, orientaltrading.com)
- Wide trim or ribbon (1 1/4" to 1 3/4" wide, 2 1/2 yards, hancockfabrics.com)
Total cost: $5.68
- Make pattern: To find midpoint of paper, fold it in half lengthwise and unfold. Draw lines from top corners of paper to crease at bottom. Cut out resulting triangle.
- Trace pattern onto fabric. Invert pattern (so it points in opposite direction) and line it up with traced triangle. Repeat, for a total of seven triangles. Cut out.
- Write be mine on triangles, one letter per triangle. Paint letters in black.
- Cut two hearts, one 1″ tall and one 3″ tall, out of red felt. Glue large heart onto blank pennant. Glue small heart as the dot over the I.
- Line up pennants on a work surface, corner to corner. Apply glue to top edge of first pennant, then lay trim over it, leaving a tail of several feet on left. Continue applying glue to each pennant and laying trim over all pennants.