Offer guests treat-filled paper ornaments. These pretty cones can be filled with candy or other homemade holiday treats.
- Cone template (download here)
- Printer and plain white paper
- Pink, blue and white construction paper
- Gold trim (to decorate edge; about 10" per cone)
- Ribbon or cord (to make hanger; about 7" per cone)
- Assorted gold charms (available at joann.com)
- Fishing line or thread
- Velvet or satin ribbon, ¼" to 3/8" wide (to make bow; about 4" per cone)
- Candy or small gifts
1. Print cone template on plain paper and cut out. Trace shape onto construction paper and cut out.
2. Glue gold trim to top edge of unassembled cone. Let dry, then roll into cone shape, making sure gold trim is on outside of cone. Glue edges together and use clothespin to hold in place while glue dries.
3. To make handle, cut a 4" length of gold ribbon or cord. Glue ends inside cone rim, directly opposite each other.
4. Thread a charm onto fishing line, and knot to form a loop about 5/8" long. Glue knotted end of loop to front of cone so it dangles, centered between handles and about 1" down from rim. Tie velvet ribbon into a small bow and glue to front of cone, so it covers where loop is glued.
5. Fill cones with assorted candy or small gifts and hang on tree.