YOU'LL NEED (makes 1 wreath)
- 12 to 14 brown paper lunch bags
- 1 roll gold-colored foil
- 14" wire wreath form
- Gaffers tape
- Gold paint marker
- Fall decorations, such as pinecones, acorns, fake leaves, Chinese lantern flowers, wheat and fake fruit, like crab apples or pomegranates
- Hot glue gun
- Cut bottoms off paper bags and cut open vertically so bags lie flat.
- Cut bags into vertical strips about 4" wide. Twist and crumple strips slightly. Set aside.
- Cut 3 sections of gold foil about 18" long, then cut into vertical strips about 4" wide. Twist and crumple strips slightly. Set aside.
- Wrap paper bag strips around wire form, overlapping slightly; tape into place. Work your way around entire form until wire is completely covered.
- Wrap gold foil strips around form, overlapping slightly and covering paper bag strips; tape into place on back of wreath.
- Use gold marker to embellish decorations—try painting pinecone tips, acorn tops and small crab apples.
- Use hot glue gun to attach gilded decorations to foil-covered wreath. Let dry completely before hanging.