These ornaments look so good, you may accidentaly try to eat them!
YOU'LL NEED (makes one candy cane)
- Serrated knife
- 12"-long Styrofoam candy cane, ¾" diameter (thecraftplace.com)
- Wooden skewer
- Craft glue
- Silver, pink and iridescent white glitter
- Ceramic mug ¼"-wide satin ribbon, about 2' long
- Two straight pins
1. Lay newspaper down to protect work surface. Use knife to carefully trim cane to 7½". Insert tip of skewer into bottom of cane to act as a handle while you work. Grip skewer and use paintbrush to coat cane with glue. Sprinkle glitter over cane, rotating cane until surface is fully covered. Stand skewer in ceramic mug; let dry.
2. Remove skewer from cane. Secure one end of ribbon to bottom of cane with a straight pin. Wind ribbon around cane until it reaches other end; secure with straight pin. Trim ends.