- 5 cylindrical glass vases, 2 that are 6" tall
- 2 8" tall and 1 10" tall
- 4 autumn leaves, plus a few spares to experiment with (gather them from your yard, or look for artificial leaves in fall colors at craft and party stores; try partycheap.com)
- Mod Podge ($9; amazon.com)
- Small paintbrush
- Cotton swabs
- 2 pillar candles, 3" diameter and 4" tall
- Assorted fruit, real or fake (we used 24 small pears for the 10" cylinder, 12 small apples and 1 pound cranberries for the 8" cylinders)
- 5' gold cord or trim
Clean and dry all cylinders.
Choose colorful leaves with no rips or holes. Using a paintbrush, apply a thin coat of Mod Podge to back of each leaf.
Place two leaves, Mod Podge side down, on outside of each 6" glass cylinder, positioning them so stems cross. Press firmly. If Mod Podge seeps out from under leaves, use a damp cotton swab to remove it.
Allow leaves to set overnight in a cool, dry place. When dry, place candle inside.
Fill each remaining cylinder with a different fruit or berry. Tie gold cord around each.
Arrange cylinders on table, placing tallest in center.