Hang a modern headboard
Pair bright bed linens with a simple, textured curtain to make this look work in your room. Layer the bed with pillows in
various sizes with colorful shams to make it cozy! You can recycle almost any curtain or drapery panel into a headboard. Fresh,
white cotton drapery panels that have oversized grommets make a crisp statement against bright aqua walls. Make sure to choose
drapery panels that are machine washable so that you can take them down and clean them easily.
- 2 white cotton drapery panels
- Hem tape
- Measuring tape
- Drapery rod & installation hardware
1. Decide how high the drapery panels should hang and cut them to the desired length― ours are 22” long.
2. Fold a 1/2” hem; iron to make a crease. Roll hem tape along the entire length of the panel on the top edge of the hem. Fold over another 1/2” and iron (on a medium setting) until the tape has melted and the hem is sealed. Repeat on the second panel. Then, iron out any creases in the panel.
3. Measure and mark 28” up from where the mattress hits the wall (or to the height you chose in Step 1) at each end of the mattress. Place one end of a level on each mark and adjust their placement, if needed, to make sure that the rod is level. Install drapery bracket at these points.
4. Slip the drapery panels onto the rod and attach finials (if needed). Then lay rod onto brackets.