Redesign an old door
Painting a graphic geometric pattern in the paneling will give it a unique look. If you don’t have an old door to use for
this project, you can buy a new one at a home improvement store for about $35. Choose one with a hollow core―they’re easier
- 6-panel hollow door
- Sandpaper paint (we used Benjamin Moore’s China White and Graceful Sea)
- Paint brushes
- Measuring tape
- L brackets
- Drill with screw bit attachment
1. Sand the surface of the door lightly. Then wipe it with a damp cloth and let it dry completely.
2. Paint inlaid panels of the door blue. Let it dry and then paint the rest of the door white and let it dry.
3. Stand and center the door horizontally on the mattress and lean it against the wall. Mark the bottom of the door on the wall with a pencil.
4. Lay the door down. Measure 12” from the ends of the door; attach the top of the L brackets to the side of door (bottom of headboard). Screw door to wall through bottom of L brackets.