Cover your old headboard
Change the look of your room by making a slipcover from a pretty sheet or piece of fabric that complements your bedding. If
your current duvet or quilt has a busy pattern, match the slipcover for your headboard to a color in the background of the
- Measuring tape
- Full-size sheet
- Hem tape
- 4 yards decorative ribbon
1. Measure the headboard width and add 2”. Mark this measurement on the sheet and cut it lengthwise.
2. Fold a ½” hem on the cut side of the sheet and press. Roll hem tape along the fold and fold the sheet over another ½”. Iron (on a medium setting) until the tape melts and hem is sealed.
3. Fold the length of the sheet in half. Make a mark 3” down from this crease on both sides of this sheet. Then make a mark every 8” on both sides of the sheet. Turn the folded sheet over and repeat on the other half.
4. Cut a 6” piece of ribbon; fold an end in ¼”, place a small piece of hem tape under the ribbon hem and iron it to the first mark on the sheet until the tape melts and the ribbon is secured to the sheet. Repeat at each mark.
5. Slip over headboard and tie ribbons together.