You don't need new furniture or a different wall color to make over your bedroom. A simpl DIY headboard can give your sleep space an instant makeover (and for a lot less money!) ― By Colleen Mullaney
- 6-panel hollow door
- Sandpaper paint (we used Benjamin Moore’s China White and Graceful Sea)
- Paint brushes
- Measuring tape
- L brackets
- Drill with screw bit attachment
1. Sand the surface of the door lightly. Then wipe it with a damp cloth and let it dry completely.
2. Paint inlaid panels of the door blue. Let it dry and then paint the rest of the door white and let it dry.
3. Stand and center the door horizontally on the mattress and lean it against the wall. Mark the bottom of the door on the wall with a pencil.
4. Lay the door down. Measure 12” from the ends of the door; attach the top of the L brackets to the side of door (bottom of headboard). Screw door to wall through bottom of L brackets.