Pick a pretty paint color for your home with these helpful tips that will help you make your decision:
- When selecting paint chips, gather variations of every color you like—pale, saturated, plus cooler and warmer tones.
- Deep, highly saturated shades tend to draw the walls inward, while neutrals make a room seem bigger.
- Lots of light washes out colors, so you might want to try a more saturated shade for a room with many windows.
- Use painter’s tape to hang the chips on the wall of the room you plan to paint, then make a point of looking at them at different times of day.
- Narrow down your selection to two or three colors, then purchase sample pots in those hues. Paint 3-foot squares on the wall with each color. Invite friends over to share their opinions, then make a decision.