Give your summer a tropical vibe with a fun Hawaiian party.
Plan your luau party well
- Stay safe. Keep a fire extinguisher easily accessible. With lanterns, tiki torches and candles all lighting up your party, it’s crucial to have this tool on hand just in case.
- Cover up. Give your patio umbrella a tropical upgrade by purchasing a thatch cover ($40; target.com).
- Get greenery. Generate an island feel in your yard with inexpensive plants. Ferns, palms and tiger lilies placed in brightly colored pots add lushness to the scene.
- Ice it. Ice sculptures up the wow factor. Use tiki mask–shaped molds (Easter Island Tiki Head candle mold, $7; spiritcrafts.net) that have been frozen overnight.
- Perfume the air. Scented candles are a great way to evoke your party’s spirit. Coconut, lime and sea-air aromas work well.
- Check out other fun, summer party ideas!