Get the look of mercury glass using this inexpensive, easy process.
1. Fill spray bottle with one part white vinegar and one part water. Set aside.
2. Working over drop cloth in a well-ventilated space, shake spray paint and lightly spray inside of vase, and base, with one coat of paint. Let dry; repeat with four more coats.
3. As soon as last coat of paint dries, lightly spray inside with vinegar mixture. Gently rub away portions of painted surface with crumpled-up paper towels for an aged effect. Use same process on base.
4. Optional: Distress vase by lightly dipping small sponge into black craft paint. Wipe away some paint with paper towel, then lightly dab in two or three places around scraped areas of interior and base. Repeat in other areas with gold and silver paints. Let dry.
5. Use sponge brush to seal interior with glossy clear glaze, if desired. Let dry.
You'll love this pretty, springtime DIY vase, too!