Black Friday is so 2013. This year, it's an 11-day marathon. Here are our tips to win—and save big on everything.
November 21-26: Early-Bird Holiday Specials
Time to grab your must-haves now before the real shopping madness begins!
• Compare current prices to doorbusters being offered on Thursday, Friday or the weekend. There may be amazing deals worth waiting for, but if you can get an item now for a few dollars more and save the time and trouble, go for it.
• If a product gets marked down on Black Friday, or between now and Christmas, you might be eligible for a refund on the difference if you used a credit card with price protection.
• Appliances: Kohl’s last year sold a KitchenAid mixer for $101, counting rebates and coupons, about $100 less than retail.
• Electronics: Last year, Sears rewarded loyalty-club members with goodies including a 32-inch LED television for nearly 30 percent off.
• Fashion: Express started its Black Friday sale online on Tuesday last year, offering half off all clothing.