Don't have plans? Consider our list of fun, free things you can do with the kids, your friends or by yourself:
- Throw a FREE PARTY! Visit houseparty.com for listings of companies looking for people to host get-togethers featuring their merchandise. The companies provide products and other items; all you have to do is take photos and report back. Also see the MyGetTogether program at generalmills.com, which offers parties with new General Mills products.
- Sign up for a movie theater’s club card or e-mail newsletter. By joining the Regal Crown Club, you can earn FREE MOVIES or popcorn. Or take advantage of the AMC Entertainment A.M.Cinema program for low-priced movies.
- Download FREE BOOKS at gutenberg.org or questia.com.
- Hook up your computer to your speakers and visit pandora.com, shoutcast.com or last.fm for a FREE DJ at your next party.
- Consider subscribing to the all-you-want music service at rhapsody.com. For a flat fee of $10 a month, get UNLIMITED DOWNLOADS for MP3 players.
- Rainy day? Take your child to a FREE GYMBOREE Play and Learn class. Print the coupon at gymboreeclasses.com. Or visit a nearby pet store—it can be almost as good as the zoo!
- Professional sports events are costly. Consider skipping a few pro games and opt for the minors or the amateurs. MINOR LEAGUE AND HIGH SCHOOL GAMES can be just as fun.