* Become a Beauty Insider at sephora.com to get a birthday gift.
* Sign up at aveda.com to snag an exclusive offer on your birthday.
* Join the L'Oréal testing panel (consumer testinglorealusa.com). Participants are chosen each season to test cosmetics and skin care products at home—and get to keep what's left over!).
* "Like" Eucerin lotion on the company's Facebook page for a moisturizer sample.
* Goodearthbeauty.com sends a piece of natural soap to every website visitor who registers for the newsletter.
* Beauty and makeup stores such as Bare Minerals, the Body Shop and Sephora are eager for you to test their products, so most will give you three to four days' worth of almost anything in stock, like blush, foundation, lipstick, and more. Plus, The Body Shop Love Your Body club costs $10 to join, but you get a $10 credit on your birthday plus 10 percent off most purchases. Every time you buy something, you earn points you can redeem for anything in the store.