- Some deals require online registration. Create a Gmail, Yahoo or other no-cost e-mail account for freebies so your primary in-box doesn't fill with newsletters.
- Sign up for rewards programs in advance, and call your local store or restaurant to make sure the offer applies at that location.
- Watch for scams. Avoid any freebie that requires your credit card or Social Security number.
- Use social media. "Like" your favorite brands on Facebook or "Follow" them on Twitter, then scan your news feed daily to catch free samples.
- Swear by a certain product? Call or e-mail the customer service department with your compliment. You just might get a free sample.