Take advantage of an audience of 94 million users to unload collectibles, name-brand clothing, small electronics and other hot commodities.
- Start a bidding war: More often than not, the excitement of an auction will get you more than your item is worth, so list it at 99 cents. Don’t want to wait? Add the “buy it now” option.
- Ship competitively: Most sellers overestimate shipping costs, so invest in a small scale and get an accurate price at usps.com.
- Sell what’s hot: People are likely to pay a premium for trendy items, especially abroad. Find top searches at global.ebay.com, but consider the extra shipping costs for high-demand items.
- Keep communicating: To ensure a positive feedback score, include the Q&A option in your description to help other bidders see answers to previous questions; be responsive and inform buyers of their item’s shipping status.
- Need to know: When your item sells, you will pay a flat final value fee of 9 percent of the sale price (not more than $50).