Need clean clothes in seconds? Ok, it's not that fast, but learn how to do laundry quickly with these eight tricks.
Organize dirty clothes first and you will end up with cleaner laundry.
- Buy a double hamper with baskets or bags for darks and lights, and put an additional hamper in the bathroom for sheets and towels.
- Have your kids pick up and sort their clothes daily—which means less work for you.
- Sort clothes into piles of darks, lights and items including underwear and sheets that need to be laundered in hot water to kill bacteria.
- Separate fuzzy fabrics such as chenille or cotton fleece from corduroy, velour or permanent press items, or the whole load will be covered in lint.
- Avoid fading and prevent damage to clothing by turning corduroy, knits and denim inside out before washing.