Need clean clothes in seconds? Ok, it's not that fast, but learn how to do laundry quickly with these eight tricks.
Use your dryer to maximize laundry savings.
- Take clothes from the washer and shake each item out, making sure they are clean before putting them in the dryer, as heat can set stains.
- Empty the lint filter before each load so the machine will work more efficiently.
- Add a dry towel with your wet clothes to absorb moisture and lessen drying time. (Don’t put a white one in with darks or lint could get on everything.)
- Use half a dryer sheet at a time—your clothes will be just as soft.
- As soon as your first load finishes drying, put in the next one. This saves time and money, because the dryer doesn’t have to heat up again.