Use your dryer to maximize laundry savings.
• Take clothes from the washer and shake each item out, making sure they are clean before putting them in the dryer, as heat can set stains.
• Empty the lint filter before each load so the machine will work more efficiently.
• Add a dry towel with your wet clothes to absorb moisture and lessen drying time. (Don’t put a white one in with darks or lint could get on everything.)
• Use half a dryer sheet at a time—your clothes will be just as soft.
• As soon as your first load finishes drying, put in the next one. This saves time and money, because the dryer doesn’t have to heat up again.