A garden trellis isn't just for your backyard! Use it to store pots and pans in the kitchen.
You'll need: A ready-made wood trellis (at hardware stores or bestnest.com), 1 quart primer, paintbrush, fine-grade sandpaper, tack cloth, 1 quart white latex semi-gloss paint, pencil, a drill with 1/16" and 1/8" bits, assorted hooks, pliers (optional), decorative drawer knobs, 4 wall anchors, hammer, 4 2" screws, screwdriver.
1. Coat front and all sides (not back) of trellis with primer using paintbrush; let dry. Rinse paintbrush. Lightly sand trellis with sandpaper; wipe off dust with tack cloth. Repeat for a second coat of primer.
2. Coat front and all sides (not back) of trellis with paint using paintbrush; let dry. Rinse paintbrush. Lightly sand trellis with sandpaper; wipe off dust with tack cloth. Repeat for a second coat of paint, but do not sand after last coat. Repeat Steps 1 and 2 on back of trellis.
3. Determine positions of hooks and mark with pencil. Using drill and 1/16" bit, drill starter holes for each hook.
4. Screw in assorted hooks, using pliers if needed.
5. Determine positions of knobs and mark with pencil. Using drill and 1/8" bit, drill a hole completely through trellis for each knob. Insert knobs and add nuts from behind; screw in position.
6. Place trellis against wall. Drill holes through trellis into wall at four joints near top and bottom.
7. Move trellis away from wall. Insert wall anchors into holes, hammering into place, if needed. Replace trellis, insert screws and screw in place. Attach pans, utensils, mitts, aprons and other items on hooks and knobs as desired.