In a shared bath, storage is always an issue, and this much-used space can quickly become messy and cluttered. To keep your bathroom organized and neat, try these simple tips.
- Provide a separate drawer, shelf or bin for each family member. If space is tight, store toiletries in shower totes to carry to the bathroom when needed.
- Install enough hooks and towel racks so everyone has a place to keep his or her towel and robe.
- Stack extra towels and washcloths by size. Choose one way to fold them and stick with it for uniformity.
- Keep like with like, grouping together all shampoos, lotions, etc.
- Pare down the contents of your medicine chest to health-care and first-aid essentials.
- Designate a place for blow-dryers and other appliances, such as a wall-mounted holder near an electrical outlet.
Keep it clean
- Every day: Make sure all items are put back in their proper place and empty the trash.
- One a week: Organize the shower stall, tossing empty or nearly empty bottles, old razors, etc.
- Once a month: Discard any expired prescriptions and old makeup.
Bonus: Store in style
- Rolled towels take up less space than folded ones and look great as a display, either on a shelf or in a basket.
- Use a stepladder for shelving as a practical and decorative way to store towels and toiletries.
- Repurpose pretty jewelry boxes or breath mint tins to organize a drawer.