2. Take a hard look
Examine what's left. When you hold on to rarely used items, you’re sacrificing real estate. These red flags can help you decide
what to let go:
- It doesn’t fit. If you can’t bear to part with the garment, consider taking it to a tailor for alterations.
- It doesn’t go with the rest of your wardrobe. If you need to buy something to make it work, weigh the cost against the benefits.
- You haven’t worn it in a year. Mark questionable pieces. If they still haven’t left the closet by the end of the season, get rid of them.
- It’s stained, torn or otherwise damaged. If it’s beyond repair, it should go.
- You no longer love it, or it’s out of style.