Getting your childrens' rooms clean and keeping them that way is hard work. You can conquer the clutter (and have them help) with these easy-to-follow tips
- Enlist your children’s input in designing their own storage systems so they will be more invested in using them.
- Choose containers in different colors to keep toys sorted. For instance, green for Legos and blue for action figures.
- Take a photo of what goes in the container and tape it to the outside. This makes it fun and easy for preschoolers to match the toy to the picture.
- Install over-the-door shoe bags for toys like small stuffed animals and dolls.
- Provide essential items that your child will need to keep things in order: a hamper, a trash can and a step stool to access shelves.
Keep it clean:
- Have your kids make the bed, empty the trash and put away clothes and toys every day.
- Once a week: They should put away laundry and organize shelves.
- Go through bins with them weekly, making sure that items are properly sorted.
- Once a month: Remove clothing and shoes that no longer fit.
- Edit down playthings monthly, ask your child to donate one toy for every new item he received that month.