For a more vintage feel, make Christmas stockings from old dish towels, curtains or tablecloths.
- Stocking pattern
- Fabric marker
- 3/8 yard felt
- Dish towel
- Straight pins
- Needle and thread
- Glue gun and glue
- Download stocking pattern (PDF). Use fabric marker to trace pattern onto felt and dish towel and then cut out 2 sets of traced shapes.
- Cut a ¾" × 6" strip of felt, for a hanger.
- Pin materials together, right-side in. Sew using a ½" seam allowance and leaving top open. Remove pins.
- Turn stocking right-side out and iron.
- Fold strip of felt in half and glue or stitch to upper back corner of stocking to use as a hanging loop.