Save some major money when you follow these Safeway coupon rules!
Using store coupons can save you big! But every major grocery store chain has different policies about coupons. So what is the coupon policy at Safeway? See some of the highlights below. And to see the complete coupon policy for Safeway Foods, go to Safeway.com.
Manufacturer and Store Coupons Policy
• Safeway will redeem coupons only for the specific items included in the customer's purchase. Expired coupons will not be accepted.
• The redemption value will be as stated on the coupon, unless that value yields a final price for such item less than zero. If the redemption value yields a price less than zero, the coupon will be redeemed only for the amount that yields a zero price. (Customers cannot net a cash credit or payout from a coupon purchase.)
• Coupons may not be applied against any free item received in any offer.
Double Coupons Policy
• Check with your local store regarding 'double coupon' advertised promotions where customers will receive double the coupon face value off the regular or club card price up to the advertised limit.
• Not all Safeway stores offer double coupon promotions. Limitations and restrictions for double coupon promotions may change at any time. Changes will be posted in store only
Stacking Coupons Policy
• Safeway will allow customers to use a manufacturer coupon with a store coupon on the same item.
• Safeway does not allow a customer to redeem two or more manufacturer coupons against the same item in a single transaction.
Competitor Coupons Policy
• Safeway will not accept manufacturer coupons (including, but not limited to, coupons issued through a Catalina or other in-store coupon dispenser) that display another retailer's logo or name unless such coupon is for a specific item with the same product identifiers as the product included in our customer's purchase transaction.
Internet Coupons Policy
• Internet-printed coupons must be capable of scanning at checkout.
• Internet printed coupons must have serial numbers and must follow an industry-standard format.
• Manufacturer internet printed coupons must clearly indicate that they are a manufacturer coupon and must have a valid manufacture address on the printed coupon.
• Safeway will not accept "free product" internet-printed manufacturer coupons.
Load to Card Club Coupons Policy
• Internet and digital coupons that have been electronically loaded to a Safeway Club Card are automatically redeemed at the time of purchase after the club card number has been entered. All other coupon policies above apply to electronic coupons that are loaded to a club card.
• Safeway may issue rainchecks for up to six (6) items unless otherwise stated in the applicable advertisement.
• Rainchecks expire ninety (90) days from the date issued.