Keep your diet on track with a batch of motivation cards.
As you’ve learned this week, batch cooking is great way to stick to good-for-you eating habits. But what about when your resolve starts to waver? A little preparation helps in such moments, too.
This week take 10 minutes to make a batch of motivation cards. Grab a few index cards or small pieces of paper and jot down an encouraging phrase or quote that will help you stay on track when you’re not feeling 100 percent committed to the diet. Stash them in places you think you’ll need them the most, such as in your desk drawer at work, at eye level on a shelf in your kitchen pantry, and in your purse. Take a look at them whenever you could use a little burst of inspiration.
Here are some ideas of what to write on your cards:
- “Nothing tastes as good as being healthy and full of energy feels.” —Unknown
- “Never give up. Every step you take is one step closer to success…or a step closer to destruction. You choose.” —Unknown
- “You’ve got to say, ‘I think that if I keep working at this and want it bad enough I can have it.’ It’s called perseverance.” —Lee Iacocca
Or use your own thoughts, such as:
- Bathing suit! Bathing suit! Bathing suit!
- Keep your eye on the prize.
- You deserve this! Keep it up!
Here’s to a healthier you,
The ALL YOU Team