From Olive Garden to Pizza Hut, use this cheat sheet to order healthy meals when dining out.
It can be tempting to blow your diet when you eat out at your favorite chain restaurant. To help you stay on track, take a look at this list of diet-friendly meals you can enjoy at some popular establishments.
At On the Border
- Order: Fajitas with Homemade Flour Tortillas and Mesquite-Grilled Chicken, Mesquite-Grilled Steak or Seasoned, Sautéed Shrimp. Add a side of guacamole (to keep calories and fat in check, skip the cheese and sour cream).
At Olive Garden
- Order: The Capellini Pomodoro (ask for half the meal to be boxed up so you can eat some now and save the rest for another meal) and the Garden-Fresh Salad without dressing; ask for olive oil and balsamic vinegar on the side.
At P.F. Chang’s
- Order: Steamed Shrimp, Pork, or Vegetable Dumplings with a side of steamed brown rice and a small order of Garlic Snap Peas or Spicy Green Beans.
At Outback Steakhouse
- Order: Grilled Chicken on the Barbie and Fresh Seasonal Veggies and a half a sweet potato (take the other half home).
At Pizza Hut
- Order: A medium Veggie Lover’s Thin ’n Crispy Pizza (have two slices) and make yourself a plain salad from the salad bar with a squeeze of lemon juice and a sprinkle of pepper.
- Order: The Two-Egg Breakfast with an order of seasonal fruit and either hash browns or whole-wheat toast.