Eat more and still lose weight—seriously!—by shopping from this list of hunger-busting items that are sure to curb cravings.
• Potato chips: These fried treats are high-energy-density and low-volume: You can consume bucketloads of calories' worth of them without ever having enough.
• Croissants: They were the least satisfying food in an Australian study measuring satiety–only half as satisfying as the caloric equivalent in white bread.
• Candy: Eating it causes a rapid blood-sugar spike and crash, because it's mostly empty calories, with no nutritional value.
• Fat-free cookies: They might not contain fat, but most have added sugars to replace it; they can cause cravings for full-fat baked goodies.
• Diet soda: Drinks generally aren't very satiating (perhaps you've noticed). Plus, artificially sweetened beverages can make you eat more, according to a Purdue University study.