Let this fairy take flight with pretty tulle wings you can make yourself.
Start With These Basic Supplies:
- Water-activated makeup works best. Mehron Prisma BlendSet, $13; rickysnyc.com.
- Add details with brushes like these. Essential eye set, $8 for 5 brushes; ecotools.com.
- Use a sponge to cover the face with makeup. Cosmetic wedges, DG Body, $2 for 28; at dollargeneral.com. ($5 OFF a $25 pretax purchase, code: Text ALLYOU to 34898. Expires: 12/31/14)
- Remove makeup easily with wipes. Simple cleansing facial wipes, $6 for 25; walmart.com.
You'll Also Need:
- Spray bottle with water
- Water-activated makeup in green, yellow, pink, white, blue, black and red
- Round-tip brush
- Eyeliner brush
- Liquid eyeliner in white
- Facial glitter
1. Before using each color of makeup, spritz it with water to activate. Using a round brush and green makeup, start at bridge of nose and paint a thick line that fans up toward hairline. Paint a second line starting lower on bridge of nose and extending out and down over cheek. Repeat for other eye. Using same brush (don't clean it) and yellow makeup, underline green line, then cover eyelid in yellow (see Photo 1 above). Repeat for other eye.
2. Using a round brush and pink makeup, paint two stripes on cheek that echo shape of green stripe. Leave space between each stripe. Repeat on other cheek. Moving back to eyes, fill inverted-V shape with pink. Using a clean round brush and white makeup, paint a stripe above each pink stripe. Add a dab of white at edge of eye makeup, below pink.
3. Using an eyeliner brush, outline outer edges of design in black, creating swirled ends (see photo).
4. To make flowers, use a round brush to paint four red petals. Use side of brush to paint a small petal between each petal. Highlight smaller petals in white. Add a dot of pink to center of flower. Use eyeliner brush to outline each petal in black. Use white liquid eyeliner to make dots near the inside corner of eye, above eyebrows and around pink lines. Sprinkle facial glitter across face.