Relax this Thanksgiving. If may seem impossible if you're charged with cooking your family's feast but we've developed this
simple checklist to help you out. Start cooking and prepping some of the recipes from our Easy Thanksgiving menu about a week before and once the big day arrives, all you'll have to do is put everything together.
► 7 days ahead
► 4 days ahead
► 3 days ahead
► 2 days ahead
- Make cranberry mixture for gravy; cover and chill. Bring to room temperature and stir before serving.
- Prepare Sausage-and-Fennel Stuffing through Step 3 in recipe. Allow to cool entirely, cover with plastic wrap and chill. Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour, stir in an additional
½ cup broth before continuing to cook.
- Prepare sweet potato casserole through Step 3 in recipe. Let cool completely, uncovered. Cover and chill. Bring to room temperature before reheating. When ready to serve, bake at
350ºF until bubbling, about 45 minutes.
- Roast carrots for Roasted Carrot and Radicchio Salad; cover and chill. Prepare pecans for salad. Store at room temperature in an airtight container. Whisk together dressing for
salad; cover and chill. Bring to room temperature and whisk again just before using.
► 1 day ahead
- Prepare turkey through Step 3 in recipe. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and chill. Let stand at room temperature or 1 hour before roasting.
- Prepare oranges and grapefruit for salad; cover and chill.