YOU'LL NEED (makes one cornucopia)
- 6" x 6" piece of printed burlap (we used Shizen Design No. 626, Paper Presentation; 800-727-3701)
- T-pins or straight pins
- Drop cloth
- Small pinecones
- Gold spray paint (krylon.com)
- Ribbon (approximately 3')
- 3"-long embroidery needle
- Transparent tape Gold foil–wrapped chocolate balls (candydirect.com)
Note: You can purchase printed burlap or make your own design with acrylic paint and stencils.
1. Lay burlap flat. Roll one corner toward center on slight angle to form cone with a 3" to 4" opening. Secure by weaving a pin once or twice through layers of burlap, from inside out.
2. In a well-ventilated area, open drop cloth and set leaves and pinecones on it. Spray-paint lightly; let dry. Repeat.
3. To make hanger, thread ribbon through eye of embroidery needle. Use needle to draw ribbon through back of cornucopia, making one 3"-long stitch. Secure cornucopia to chair by tying as in photo. If desired, finish by affixing a small bow to chair back using tape.
4. Fill cone slightly more than halfway with foil-covered chocolate balls. Tuck in gold pinecones and leaves as desired; top off with more chocolate balls.