- Drop cloth
- Spray paint in white, gold, silver and copper
- Sturdy tree branches
- Artificial leaves with wires attached
- About three dozen acorns (pineconesandpodz.com)
- Embroidery floss
- Hot glue gun
- Glass hurricane or vase (10" high x 7" wide)
- Gold foil–wrapped chocolate balls (candydirect.com)
- 3"-wide ribbon, approximately 2' long
2. Cut embroidery floss in 6" lengths. Place a dot of glue on top of an acorn; lay a length of floss on top of it, making sure it is centered. When glue is dry, tie in a knot. Repeat for all acorns.
3. Arrange branches in glass hurricane or vase. Hold in place and fill with foil-wrapped chocolate balls.
4. Hang acorns from branches. Twist wires of leaves around branches to fill in empty spaces.
5. Finish by tying ribbon around center of hurricane or vase. Secure in back with bow.