Have a ball celebrating soccer’s main event, which kicks off June 12!
Watching the matches together is a great opportunity to teach kids about sportsmanship. Boost the fun factor by turning it into a game. Have everyone pick a country to root for during the match (both teams must have at least one fan). The winner is determined by how the players treat each other.
(+1) Gain a point each time any member of your team does any of the following:
• Shakes hands with a player on the opposite team.
• Congratulates a teammate for scoring a goal.
• Passes the ball within range of the goal rather than attempting to score on his own.
• Helps a player stand up after he has fallen down.
• Exchanges his jersey with an opponent.
(-1) Dock a point each time any member of your team:
• Argues with a referee.
• Refuses to shake hands with another player.
• Taunts another player.
• Shoves another player.
• Is issued a yellow or red card for a serious foul.