Ship these easy-to-pack care-package snacks to your college student, or invite the after-school crowd to enjoy them around the kitchen table. Scholarship never tasted so sweet!
Care Package Shipping Tips
To ensure your care-package treats are fresh and unbroken upon arrival, follow these steps to pack them right.
• Choose Dry or Chewy Treats: Baked treats that are dry (such as biscotti, gingersnaps, and granola bars) or chewy (like oatmeal-raisin or chocolate chip cookes) fare better in transit than moister treats, which can spoil.
• Let Baked Goods Cool Before Packing: Steam from still-warm baked goods can turn them into a soggy mess.
• Line Your Packing Container: Loosely pad a cookie tin or plastic food storage container with crumpled wax paper or newspaper. Bubble wrap works, too. You want the treats to fit snugly.
• Wrap Treats Individually: Wrap individual treats or single servings in two layers of plastic wrap or foil, or place each in a cellophane bag and tie closed.
• Pack Containers within a Shipping Box: Pack your treat container inside a padded cardboard box for shipping. Be sure to mark the shipping box Fragile and Perishable.
• Ship Express: To increase the odds that treats arrive fresh, try to ship them within 24 hours of baking them. And use a two-day delivery method.