The only equipment you need to make these recipes from the Mug Meals cookbook by Leslie Bilderback: A few mugs and a working microwave. It doesn't get any easier than that!
You’ll love this trick for baking yeast dough in the microwave!
• 1/2 cup warm water
• 1/2 tsp. granulated yeast
• 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
• 1/4 cup golden raisins
• 6 Tbsp. bread or all-purpose flour
• Pinch of kosher salt
• 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
• 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
• 1 Tbsp. whole milk
• 1/4 cup pecan pieces
1. In a jumbo mug, combine water, yeast, brown sugar and raisins. Mix together well, then set aside for 15 minutes. When yeast is bubbly, stir in flour, salt and 1/2 tsp. cinnamon. Mix vigorously with a fork to create an elastic dough. Cover mug with a damp paper towel and set aside to rise for 30 to 60 minutes.
2. Microwave dough for 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 minutes until risen and firm, but not dry. In a separate mug, mix remaining 1/2 tsp. cinnamon with confectioners’ sugar and milk until well combined. Drizzle over the finished cinnamon roll, and sprinkle with pecan pieces. Serve immediately.