Prep: 20 min.
Cook: 20 min.
Yield: 20 pieces
Cost per serving: 67¢
- 2 cups canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 7-oz. jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (from 1 large lemon)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper
- 2 English cucumbers
- Combine chickpeas, red peppers, garlic, tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, cumin, salt, pepper and 1 T bsp. hot water in food
processor and puree until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
- Cut cucumbers into 1/2 -inch-thick slices and scoop out seeds with a small spoon or melon baller, leaving bottom intact to
form a cup. Fill each cup with hummus and serve.