Discover the secrets to decorating homemade cupcakes that look store-bought.
In What's New Cupcake?, Karen Tack and Alan Richardson teach innovative ways to create super easy cupcakes.
Take a peak at their creative decorating ideas and use Karen's tips before your next big party!
After frosting the cupcakes, create the cookies with the following steps:
1. Microwave six caramels at a time for 2 to 3 seconds to soften.
2. Press two caramels together and roll out to an approximately 3-inch round.
3. Cut out a 3-inch circle using a cookie cutter. Repeat with remaining caramels.
4. Place a fortune in the center of each caramel circle.
5. Fold the caramel over the paper to enclose it in a half-moon.
6. Bring ends together to make a fortune-cookie shape.
7. Place caramel fortune cookies on top of cupcakes, press down lightly to adhere.
8. Garnish with orange candy fruit slices.
1. Divide frosting evenly among seven small bowls.
2. Tint each bowl of frosting a different color with food colors.
3. Matching frosting color to color of paper liners, spread an even layer of frosting over cupcakes.
4. Arrange cupcakes on a painter’s palette and add the candy paint brush.
After frosting the cupcake with tan frosting and using candies to create hair and ears, create the graduation cap by doing
1. Press peanut butter cups, large end down, on top of cupcakes, adding a dot of frosting to secure if necessary.
2. Pipe a dot of chocolate frosting on top of each peanut butter cup and add chocolate mint as the mortarboard.
3. For tassel, starting from center of mortarboard, pipe several lines of blue frosting, allowing frosting to overhang edge of chocolate.
4. Press a blue candy on top.
5. Arrange cupcakes on a platter in two rows.