Beat the heat with these family-friendly treats. Follow our easy tips for making an irresistible chilly indulgence.
- Size right: Use an ice cream scoop to portion the dough evenly—uniform cookies make prettier sandwiches.
- Take the temperature: Start with well-cooled cookies and slightly softened ice cream.
- Get the scoop: Instead of big balls of ice cream, form flatter, more disklike mounds with a serving spoon.
- Be creative: Pair plain sugar cookies with an unusual ice cream flavor, or put vanilla ice cream between two different types of cookies.
- Sweeten up: Spread a thin layer of caramel, butterscotch or chocolate sauce on a cookie before sandwiching with ice cream
- Roll with it: Garnish the sandwiches by coating the sides with chopped nuts, mini chocolate chips or toasted coconut.