1. Eliminate static: Wipe a dryer sheet over hair or clothing to quickly eliminate frustrating static.
2. Get rid of that old book smell: To keep old books from smelling musty, place a dryer sheet in between the pages.
3. Scrub dirty pots: Clean stubborn messes off dirty pots and pans by placing a dryer sheet on the bottom and letting it soak in water overnight. The next morning, the pot will be easier to clean.
4. Remove pet hair: Wipe dryer sheets over rugs, furniture, clothing, or anywhere pet hair accumulates to quickly remove it.
5. Freshen shoes: To make shoes smell better, place a dryer sheet in the sole and let it sit overnight.
6. Deep clean toilets: Krazy Coupon Lady uses dryer sheets to remove stubborn bathroom rings. See instructions here.
7. Clean chrome: Remove water spots from chrome faucets by scrubbing them with a dryer sheet.
8. Keep garbage cans nice: Recycle used dryer sheets by lining them on the bottom of garbage cans. They'll help absorb leaks and odors when you switch bags.
9. All-purpose deodorizer: Instead of purchasing air fresheners, keep your home smelling nice by stashing dryer sheets anywhere you want odors absorbed.
10. Clean glass: Rub dryer sheets over windows or eyeglasses to clean smudges (in the case of glasses, just make sure they're not plastic).
11. Repel bugs: Dryer sheets have insecet-repelling properties; place them in the corners of rooms, on rafters or anywhere you tend to see spider webs.
12. Use them the traditional way, but make them last longer: You can make a box of dryer sheets last four times as long by cutting individual sheets in half and using each one twice, essentially quadrupling your savings. Tip Garden has a helpful recycling guide for getting the most out of each box.
See more clever uses for household products:
Photo Credit: Flikr / trentssd