Give your holiday table runner a custom look for (a lot) less with this easy stencil craft.
- Choose a stencil motif, or combine several as shown here. Check out your local craft or fabric store, or try designerstencils.com.
- Use a light-colored runner that doesn't have a stain-resistant finish.
- Iron runner, stretch it taut and tape it to work surface. Position the first stencil and tape it in place.
- Using acrylic or fabric paint and a round stencil brush, dip brush into paint and scrape off excess. Hold brush vertically and dab paint onto stencil. Let dry, then repeat.
- When dry, remove stencil, wipe clean and repeat until you complete the design.