Raid your junk drawer to fashion frosty friends.
Materials you have:
- Hot-glue gun
- 3 buttons
- Straight pins with ball ends (2 black and 1 red)
- Thread spool
- Scrap of felt
Materials you need:
- 3 rolls butcher's twine (available at KitchenandCompany.com)
- Pipe cleaner (optional)
- 2 1/2" pom-poms (available at Stuff4Crafts.com)
- 2' cloth ribbon
- Prepare balls: For base of larger snowman, leave 1 ball of twine as is. For smaller base, unravel ball until it's 3" in diameter. Unravel remaining balls so you have 3 balls in graduating sizes. Trim excess. On each ball, glue end of twine to ball in an inconspicuous place.
- Make belts: Place large and medium balls on table, standing on flat side. Wrap leftover string around middle of each ball three times. Glue ends in back. Glue a button to each belt in front. On large ball, glue another button about 1/4" above first.
- Place large ball on table and glue medium ball on top of it, lining up buttons. Glue small ball to medium ball. Insert 2 black pins into small ball for eyes and 1 red pin for a nose.
- Make earmuffs (optional): Trim pipe cleaner so it's just long enough to wrap over the top of the head with ends at eye level. Glue in place. Glue a pom-pom to each end of pipe cleaner.
- Make hat: Wrap ribbon around spool and glue ends in back. Cut a 2"-diameter circle out of felt. Glue spool to felt circle, then glue felt circle to top ball.
- For scarf: Wrap a piece of ribbon around neck and tie. Trim ends.