Summer fun for the whole family!
16 ways to have fun for FREE
No need for an expensive vacation—these no-cost summer activities can be done right at home
- Roll down a grassy hill with your kids. See who can get to the bottom first.
- Pack a picnic breakfast and take it outside in time to watch the sunrise.
- Move game night out to the deck or porch.
- Catch fireflies at dusk in an empty mason jar.
- Go for a walk with your kids and collect flowers and leaves to press.
- Lie outside on a blanket and try to decide what objects the clouds resemble.
- Teach your kids a game from your childhood―such as hopscotch, jacks or four-square.
- Raid your closet for giveaways so kids can play dress-up.
- Hide small toys in blobs of shaving cream; let kids find the treasures.
- Paintbrushes and H2O can “redecorate” a fence or walkway.
- Set plastic cups on a fence. Fill squirt guns and take aim.
- Spend a morning baking cookies and making fresh lemonade. Set up a stand and donate the proceeds.
- Decorate paper grocery bags with markers and paint to make masks, then chase one another in the yard.
- Hold Christmas in July. Decorate a small tree in the yard with ornaments, string up lights, bake Christmas cookies and enjoy
the holiday on a summer’s eve.
- Open Camp Mom. Start an activity co-op. Each parent hosts a weekly activity (such as crafting, hiking or cooking) for the
- Have kids cut out magazine photos of where they’d like to go and what they want to be when they grow up. Together, glue them
into a book. Show them you’re never too old to dream by making one, too!