- Wrap a gift: Choose an appropriate section or article, like the comics or horoscope, to give a present a touch of whimsy.
- Dry shoes: Leather shoes got soaked in a rainstorm? Place a few crumpled pieces inside overnight to help soak up the moisture.
- Keep the produce bin clean: Line it with newspaper to absorb spills and prevent caked-on messes.
- Fend off frost: Lay a few sheets over your car's windshield and secure overnight with the wipers -- you won't have to de-ice in the morning!
- Eliminate odors: Place small balled pieces inside plastic food containers and let them sit for a day to remove bad smells.
- Stop stray shoots: "Lay wet newspaper in the garden, then cover with a thin layer of dirt. The paper keeps weeds from sprouting. When planting bulbs, make sure you leave a large hole so the plants can grow." -- Kelsey Apley, 29, Larned, Kan.