Add a twist to your cleaning routine with this multipurpose citrus fruit
The acid in lemons has antiseptic properties and a fresh scent, making it a natural solution for your household chores. Save money by using this citrus fruit to replace costly cleaning products.
- Kill microwave smells. Fill a heat-resistant bowl with water and half a lemon and zap for five minutes.
- Bust dust particles. Mix 10 drops lemon oil, 2 tablespoons lemon juice and a few drops olive oil in a spray bottle. Spray onto surfaces; wipe with a cotton flannel cloth.
- Attack a stain. Add ½ cup lemon juice to a load of white laundry, then let dry in the sun.
- Polish wood. If it's varnished: Add a few drops of lemon to ½ cup warm water. Spray onto a slightly damp cotton cloth and wipe furniture. If it's unvarnished: Mix 2 teaspoons each of olive oil and lemon juice. Apply to a soft cotton cloth. Use wide strokes to distribute evenly.
- Clean in the bathroom. Put lemon juice on a sponge and wipe shower doors to remove soap scum.
- Sparkle and shine. This natural bleach and disinfectant cleans brass and copper. Sprinkle salt over half a lemon, rub it over the metal, then wash clean.