It can be tempting to blow your diet when you eat out at your favorite chain restaurant. To help you stay on track, take a look at this list of diet-friendly meals you can enjoy at some popular establishments.
At On the Border
- Order: Fajitas with Homemade Flour Tortillas and Mesquite-Grilled Chicken, Mesquite-Grilled Steak or Seasoned, Sautéed Shrimp. Add a side of guacamole (to keep calories and fat in check, skip the cheese and sour cream).
At Olive Garden
- Order: The Capellini Pomodoro (ask for half the meal to be boxed up so you can eat some now and save the rest for another meal) and the Garden-Fresh Salad without dressing; ask for olive oil and balsamic vinegar on the side.
At P.F. Chang’s
- Order: Steamed Shrimp, Pork, or Vegetable Dumplings with a side of steamed brown rice and a small order of Garlic Snap Peas or Spicy Green Beans.
At Outback Steakhouse
- Order: Grilled Chicken on the Barbie and Fresh Seasonal Veggies and a half a sweet potato (take the other half home).
At Pizza Hut
- Order: A medium Veggie Lover’s Thin ’n Crispy Pizza (have two slices) and make yourself a plain salad from the salad bar with a squeeze of lemon juice and a sprinkle of pepper.
- Order: The Two-Egg Breakfast with an order of seasonal fruit and either hash browns or whole-wheat toast.