This delicious recipe from the All You Cookbook: Eat Well, Save Big comes in at less than $1 a serving!
Prep: 10 min.
Cook: 20 min.
Cost per serving: 97¢
- 2 whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts (11/2 lb.), rinsed, patted dry
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Place chicken between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and pound with a rolling pin until thin. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper and dredge in flour
- Heat 1 Tbsp. butter and 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until butter foams. Add 1 chicken breast and cook without moving until browned, about 3 minutes. Turn and cook until firm and browned on both sides, 3 minutes more. Transfer to a plate and cover loosely with foil to keep warm.
- Add another tablespoon of butter and another tablespoon of oil to skillet and repeat with remaining chicken breast. Add to platter and cover to keep warm.
- Add lemon juice and broth to skillet and bring to a boil, scraping up browned bits from bottom of pan with a wooden spoon. Boil, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat, add remaining tablespoon butter and parsley and stir until butter melts. Season with salt and pepper. Pour sauce over chicken and serve immediately.