This delicious recipe from the All You Cookbook: Eat Well, Save Big comes in at less than $1 a serving!
Prep: 10 min.
Cook: 20 min.
Cost per serving: 97¢
- 2 whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts (11/2 lb.), rinsed, patted dry
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Place chicken between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and pound with a rolling pin until thin. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper and dredge in flour
- Heat 1 Tbsp. butter and 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until butter foams. Add 1 chicken breast and cook without moving until browned, about 3 minutes. Turn and cook until firm and browned on both sides, 3 minutes more. Transfer to a plate and cover loosely with foil to keep warm.
- Add another tablespoon of butter and another tablespoon of oil to skillet and repeat with remaining chicken breast. Add to platter and cover to keep warm.
- Add lemon juice and broth to skillet and bring to a boil, scraping up browned bits from bottom of pan with a wooden spoon. Boil, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat, add remaining tablespoon butter and parsley and stir until butter melts. Season with salt and pepper. Pour sauce over chicken and serve immediately.
Find an easy cheap meal to have for dinner tonight from the new All You Cookbook: Delicious on a Dime.