Give your home a summer-time vibe all year long using shells and a table.
- Shells in a variety of shapes and sizes (seashellcity.com)
- Coffee table (Lack coffee table, 353/8" L x 215/8" W x 17¾" H, $20; at Ikea)
- Damp cloth
- Glue gun
- Spread out your seashells and separate them into piles by size (small, medium and large).
- Wipe table with a damp cloth to remove any dust or dirt.
- Looking at table, develop an idea of where you want to put shells. You might try arranging them on the floor before you start gluing.
- Use sandpaper to scuff up surfaces of table where you plan to attach shells.
- Starting at one corner of table, glue a shell. Choose another shell, position it close to first shell and glue in place. Continue working, positioning shells close to one another, until you achieve the design you have in mind.