Turn common household products into hardworking multitaskers with these clever ideas.
<em>Photo Credit: 123RF.com</em>
- Spackle your walls: Use white toothpaste to fill in small nail holes.
- Soothe bug bites: Rub a dab onto itchy spots for quick relief.
- Clean sneakers: Scrub white leather sneakers with an old toothbrush and toothpaste.
- Banish odors: After chopping garlic or onions, use a small amount on hands to eliminate any lingering odor.
- Remove water rings: Rub paste onto the wood with a soft cloth. Then wipe with a damp one.
- Brighten jewelry: Give metal a shine by applying paste and buffing with a clean, dry cloth.
- Scrub hands: "I wash my hands with toothpaste to remove ink stains." -- Kaley Ehret, 38, Talford, Pa.