Look spot-on stylish in DIY T-shirts
DIY T-Shirts: Transform plain T-shirts and tanks into cute wardrobe essentials.―By Christine Cameron and Allison Lind
Floral-applique shirtsYOU’LL NEED:
- Long-sleeve V-neck or scoop-neck shirt (one size larger than you wear)
- Fabric pencil
- Sewing needle
- Thread in same color as shirt
- Fabric glue (such as Unique Stitch)
- Hook-and-eye closure
- Silk flowers (available at sewing stores)
- Straight pins
2. Turn right side out. Fold cut edges under ¼” and press. Fold under 3/8” and press down. Hand stitch or use fabric glue to secure.
3. Sew hook-and-eye closure at even points on each side of neck.
4. Lay shirt on flat surface, front facing up. Arrange flowers and pin. Sew individual flowers. To make bottom layer of petals lie flat, add a drop of glue underneath.